1 cup flour
1 cup butter
1 cup coconut
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1 cup oats
1 cup sugar
1 t bicarbonate of soda
1. Melt butter and syrup together in a small pot and mix the bicarbonate of soda into the mixture until it froths.
2. Add everything together in a large bowl, add the pot mixture and stir/mix well
3. Press mixture evenly into square/rectangular pan (rather make it slightly thicker than to disperse it too thinly – otherwise the squares will burn and break more easily – I like making mine about 1 cm thick. It’s okay if it doesn’t fill the entire pan, the mixture isn’t runny.)
3. Bake at 140 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes and then at 120 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes *** switch oven off for the last ten minutes (i.e. at 120 degrees Celsius for 35 minutes and switch off oven for last ten but don’t open the door!!!)
4. Cut into squares while warm. Let it cool and then separate them.
Delicious, guaranteed not to last long.
Burns very very easily!!!! Do not overcook!